‘Eidul Adha, Crescent Committee of Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America
December 2, 2008 by TMO
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Announcement Regarding the New Crescent of
THE HOLY MONTH OF THU EL-HIJA 1429
To all believers in North America,
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all of you.
"The Crescent Committee" of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America would like to announce that there were no reports of sightings of the New Crescent at sunset on Friday November 28th, 2008, in all of North America. Even in localities where sighting possibilities were weak, but the conditions were perfect for sighting such as in South Florida, no reports were recorded. Therefore Sunday November 30th, 2008 will be considered the 1st of Thu el-Hija, 1429.
In addition, it follows that the Day of Arafa will be Monday December 8th, 2008, and Tuesday December 9th, 2008 will be the Day of the Blessed Eid al-Adha. May Allah bless all of you and provide you with the success to achieve closeness through acts of worship in this Holy Month.
The Crescent Committee:
* Syed Muhammad Rizvi, Toronto
* Sheikh Fadhil Al-Sahlani, New York
* Syed Rafiq Naqvi, DC
* Syed Mahboob Mahdi Abidi Najafi, Chicago
* Sayyid Nabeel Abbas, Montreal
* Sheikh Ja’fer Bangalour, Miami
* Sheikh Mohammed Ali Elahi, Detroit
* Sheikh Ahmad al-Ameeni, Philadelphia
* Sheikh Mohammed Falah al-Attar, Los Angeles
* Sayyid M B Kashmiri, Los AngelesNote: The committee was established in the 8th annual conference of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America which was held in the suburbs of D.C. in the month of Thu el-Qida 1429
* Statement in the English Language [http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001J7Z13UH0gxCULLnnQuMcJMuh9_0kSSSPiI0fRDeY0xJWqcDOJSHl9QN95PMJiOOJ1h2nQRtQRib6-eLtU8vSnS9Qg13SaXs3qh4pBhN9zgnHn9DXjxBKcEo2EP5WbtMf-cVvbKet_7-kXnAkk7BCGnGEYHzdH1ZPq0rqr-TJudlMbsQ4QMkuag27m4AFAUrt]